Cerebral Exercise, done using Cerebra TurboBrain technology, increases angiogenesis and synaptogenesis through neurovascular coupling
The Physiological and Neurological basis of Cerebra TurboBrain
- Frontal Lobes are positioned at the foremost region of the brain.
- The prefrontal cortex forms the “essence” of Frontal Lobes that sets us apart from other primates.
- The prefrontal cortex regulates executive functions which govern our behavior. Executive functions are high-level cognitive abilities that influence basic abilities, motor skills, memory, attention, decision-making and planning.
- Evidence suggests that there is a reduction in cerebral blood flow to the region of prefrontal cortex for individuals suffering from diseases in which cognitive functions are compromised such as ADHD, Alzheimer’s disease etc. See the images of a SPECT scan below. The normal brain (on the left) shows normal blood perfusion, denoted by an abundance of yellow color. The brain scan on the right, of a person suffering from Alzheimer’s, shows pervasive hypo-perfusion (low perfusion) all around, denoted by blues and greens.
- Cerebra TurboBrain provides a drug free alternative for the treatment of the above disorders, as well as a means for training and reconditioning one’s brain for optimizing its level of performance.
- The Cerebra TurboBrain device measures and provides a feedback about the blood flow dynamics and metabolic activity in specifically targeted brain modules.
- Neurovascular coupling, a mechanism that explains the activation of brain matter whenever there is increase in the above measurements.
- In other words, whenever there is an increase in neuronal activity (which happens when the brain engages in some specific mental task) there is a rapid localized increase in cerebral blood flow.
- Blood brings glucose & oxygen to fuel neuronal firing in your brain conducive to the metabolic requirement and neuronal activity of a particular brain module at a given point in time.
- With regular brain exercise, blood flow to the brain increases, the brain grows larger and its abilities greater.
- Researched-based studies have proven this procedure increases one’s I.Q. (intelligence quotient) by 1.2 points per session. Imagine the possibilities!
Here is what the original inventor of this technology, the late Dr.Hershel Toomim, had to say:
Using HEG trains the subject to increase blood flow to a targeted area of the brain. You have probably tried shining a flashlight through your hand and have seen the dark side light up. Our tissues, flesh and bone, are translucent. It’s not dark in there. In the sunlight, if you were in there with your brain, you could read a newspaper by that light. In HEG a light is shone on your brain through the translucent scalp and skull.
A spectrophotometer device is worn on the head. Flashing red and infrared lights are shown in the Figure as one optode. The light collection amplifier is another type of optode. It responds to the returned light that is reflected and refracted by the encountered tissue. These optodes are spaced 3 centimeters apart so as to conduct most of the available light at the depth of cortical tissue. As can be seen the application is very simple. Red, 660 nm, and infrared, 850 nm, lights are alternately shown on brain tissue. The graph below shows the large difference in red light tenuation between oxygen rich and oxygen starved hemoglobin whereas the infrared light is minimally changed. (Elwell 1999) A computer program receives a measure of each light color, calculates their ratio, and graphs the value for the patient to see, hear and alter. During the summer of 1994, it was discovered that the author could intentionally increase cerebral regional oxygenation. The computer graph responded to thoughts. Brain oxygenation increased merely by intensely willing it.
There are no known side effects for HEG treatments. Can’t remember? Can’t focus? Misplace things? Slow learning? Always tired? Turned around? These are some common physical brain problems. Healthy brains have adequate blood flow. Problem brains have insufficient blood flow to limited brain areas. Several brain areas are involved in whatever you do. Finding the affected areas is key. A non-invasive directed brain exercise is indicated.